Saturday 21 January 2012

Here be Dragons...

At a craft fair some time back, I fell in love with terribly tacky but terribly CUTE little ceramic baby dragons emerging from eggs.  I ended buying one to go in each of the Witchlet's bedrooms.  On Tuesday, they mysteriously appeared downstairs in the lounge (I'm blaming Witchlet One for their abrupt relocation), and Witchlet Two has a stuffed toy dragon she suddenly can't sleep without. 

A friend posted on Facebook about a dream he had that involved dragons. (He's kind of a warrior type, so he was brandishing a sword and looking forward to vanquishing it.)

 I have a sleeping dragon in the herb garden (a present for my 40th birthday from Oh Evil One, my best friend) that I looked at yesterday and got the urge to clean. 

Twice this week I've watched How to Train Your Dragon with the kids.

Witchlet One came home from school yesterday having made a paper lantern for Chinese New Year (23rd Jan) - it will be the Year of the Dragon.

YES, IT TOOK THAT MUCH POUNDING AROUND THE HEAD WITH THE FUCKING SYMBOLISM FOR ME TO REALISE I HAVE A FUCKING DRAGON HANGING AROUND.  WTF??????? 

I have to make Chinese Tea Eggs now for it.

Will take pictures.

1 comment: